Foxborough Founders Day
Saturday June 11, 2016
- 7:00 – 9:00 AM: Booth Field Exhibit Set-up
- 8:30 – 9:30 AM Parade assembles at 132 Central St.
- 10:00 AM: Parade starts at 132 Central St., toward Common, to Mechanic St., Railroad Ave., Bird St. around the Common to South St., ending at the Booth Playground.
- 11AM – 5PM Activities at Booth Playground – Non-profit organizations provide food, games, raffles, crafts and other activities on the field, Fire Dept Touch a Truck and SO MUCH MORE!
- Multi-class FHS Reunion at the Reunion Tent
- Note: Founders Day Reunion:CLASS OF ’46 and Friends — gathering at The Lafayette House at 2:00 pm on Founder’s Day. Contact Edna Hunt at 508-543-8092 or Sally Inman O’Brien at 512-667-6048.
- 11AM – 4PM: Basketball and In-line Hockey Tournaments
- 12 PM: : Parade Float Winners Announced
- 1PM – 3:30 PM Live Music on Stage by: “The Bay State Stompers”
- 12:00 – 1:00 PM Registration for Doll Carriage Parade
- 12:00 – 1:00 PM Foxborough Fire Department Car Fire and Jaws of Life Demonstrations
- 1:00 PM: Doll Carriage Parade in the Tennis Courts Note: In case of inclement weather the Doll Carriage Parade will be moved indoors to Foxboro Cable Access on Central Street
- 7:00 – 9:00 PM Live Music from “THE GALLEY DAWGS”
- 8:45 – 9:00 PM Founders Day Raffle Drawings – Winners announced
- 9:00 – 9:30 PM Fireworks
- Note: Schedule subject to change
Some DOs and DON’Ts
- PLEASE DO: Bring Lawn chairs, blankets and sunscreen
- PLEASE DO: Drop off Doll Carriage Parade participants close to tennis courts at the Booth Playground (in case of rain, the Doll Carriage Parade will be held indoors at Foxboro Cable Access on Central Street
- PLEASE DO: ENJOY THE DAY AND HAVE FUN!!!
- PLEASE DO NOT: Bring your Dog (This includes Leashed)
- PLEASE DO NOT: Ride bicycles on the Field
- PLEASE DO NOT: Bring squirt guns or silly string to any Founders Day event
- PLEASE DO NOT: Park on private property without permission.
- PLEASE DO NOT: Park in restricted areas (e.g., blocking fire lanes, driveways, fire hydrants or handicapped parking)
- PLEASE DO NOT: Bring Alcoholic Beverages to Founders Day
(Visited 18,597 times, 2 visits today)