Field Activities at Booth Playground
Field activities are open to non-profit organizations based in (or having a substantial presence in) the Town of Foxborough. Each booth space should have a sign, which identifies the organization or group. No political or religious statements are allowed.
Booth spaces will be 20’ x 20’, with a limited number of larger spaces being available. You must provide your own tents/tables/chairs/ and shade. Because of safety considerations, no private generators are allowed. Please see the pricing chart on the enclosed form and select the site that best suits the needs of your organization.
Space preferences are honored to the extent possible on a first-come first-served basis.
An indemnification form is required for each group. Please complete the enclosed form and return it with your registration form. One parking permit will be issued per site, with additional permits available on an as needed basis. Please indicate the reason for additional spaces on the registration form.
If food is being served (including bottled beverages and wrapped candy), a one-day Board of Health permit will be required. Each group is responsible for registering with the Board of Health, at the Foxborough Town Hall. This must be done no later than May 11th before to ensure approval for serving food. Founders Day Food Application forms should be returned with your completed field registration form to the Founders Day Committee before the May 11th deadline.
If your group is planning on selling or giving away live animals, you must get prior written permission from the Foxborough Animal Control Officer.
The Foxborough Founders Day Planning Committee is responsible for the safety of the crowds at Founders Day. Therefore, if an activity or item to be sold is considered dangerous or inappropriate, the Planning Committee will prohibit it. If you have a question about whether or not your planned activity might be considered dangerous, please contact us first. Due to problems in the past, selling squirt guns and silly string is prohibited at the field.
- Any requests for a food permit after May 9, 2017 are to be made in person at the Board of Health Office located at the Foxborough Town Offices. Late requests are subject to approval and a $25 late fee by the Board of Health.
- Deadline for Booth Field registration is May 21, 2017
Steve Drew (field)
RULES FOR FOUNDERS DAY FIELD PARTICIPANTS
- The Founders Day Planning Committee reserves the right to prohibit any activity it deems to be dangerous or inappropriate.
- Each participating organization is responsible for its own trash removal (to the dumpster provided).
- No private generators are allowed. All electrical hookups must be ordered in advance.
- The field is available at 7:00 AM on Founders Day for set-up.
- All vehicles must be off the field by 10:00 AM
- When breaking down booths, vehicles must be off the field by 6:00 PM or must stay until 15 minutes after the fireworks have ended.
- If you are selling or giving away live animals, you must have prior written permission from the Foxborough Animal Control Officer.
- If you are selling food (of any kind, bottled water included) you must apply to the Foxborough Health Dept. for a permit no later than May 9, 2017
- A copy of these rules should be kept at each location for all participants to follow.
THE TEMPORARY FOOD EVENT TOP 10!
- No one who is SICK should be handling or preparing open food.
- HANDWIPES, not hand sanitizers, must be used for handwashing.
- The EXACT State-specified Allergy Awareness statement must be posted and visible to the public.
- All long hair must be RESTRAINED.
- NON LATEX gloves are required when handling all ready-to-eat foods.
- A calibrated food THERMOMETER must be available to test the temperature of all hot and cold potentially hazardous foods. Hot foods must be at >140°F, cold foods must be at <41°F.
- In the absence of proper washing, rinsing, and sanitizing equipment, EXTRA serving utensils must be provided in the event contamination occurs.
- All food must be stored 6” off the ground/floor.
- Personal drinks, personal belongings, and all chemicals (including sanitizer) must be SEGREGATED from all food and food equipment.
- Limit self-service of food from the general public. All food must be PROTECTED from the public through service by chefs, food covers, food wrapping, sneeze guards, individual pre-portioned size containers, etc.
- The Foxborough Board of Health permit must be POSTED visible to the public.
- A Foxborough Board of Health permit is required for ALL vendors that will be selling or giving away any pre-packaged snacks or drinks (including bottled water). Also, any preparing, cooking, and/or serving/sampling ANY food on site needs a permit.
- Pre-packaged snack size “Halloween-type” candy and lollipops are exempt from all permit requirements.