FOXBOROUGH FOUNDERS DAY PLANNING COMMITTEE
40 SOUTH STREET
FOXBOROUGH, MA 02035
THANK YOU FOR YOUR INTEREST IN HELPING US CONTINUE TO MAKE FOXBOROUGH FOUNDERS DAY POSSIBLE.
What we are looking for in a committee member…
- We meet from 7:00PM – 8:00 PM at the Foxborough Public Safety Building
- We meet each Tuesday from May 1 until Founders Day at the same time and place
- Our remaining schedule of meetings is
May 23 | May 30 | June 6
- We have a Rocket/Boot Drive on the Saturday of Memorial Day Weekend – At least 20 people needed
- Done in 2 hour shifts typically or longer if you prefer
Founders Day Weekend
The weekend of Founders Day we are very busy and need as much manpower as possible.
Friday (day before Founders Day):
- Set-up starting at 8:00 AM at the Booth Fields. This includes picking up supplies and helping set up. Painting the field, setting up tents, putting up barriers for the fireworks, etc. It usually concludes by 3:00 PM or earlier with extra help.
Saturday (Founders Day)
- All hands on deck.
- We start at 6:30 AM and go until approximately 11:00 PM on Founders Day
- Field: At least 10 people
- Founders Day Committee Tent and Reunion Tent: 8 People
- Parade: At least 12 people
- Banner holders and Rocket Carriers: 7 people
- Cow Chip Bingo; 3 people
- Parade Judges: 3
- Fireworks: 10 People
- Some of the timing overlaps and some of the people wear more than one hat!
Sunday (day after Founders Day)
- Clean up: Starts at 6:30 AM until we are done. Usually around 11:00 AM